In the midst of all of the hustle and bustle, I sat down this evening and slowly began to work on another little project. I have these cute little vintage Lefton Christmas figurines that are top-heavy and rock quite a bit. The boy has been to the hospital three times to be mended. This year, they are coming out for décor but they need a stage to perform on first, to add stability.
From the dollar store, one 2 pc package of Craft floral foams.
I opened the package and glued them together.
Red and white striped paper collected from last years “After Christmas Clearance Sale” was picked out.
A very uneven circle of the paper was cut to overlap the sides of the foam. No tracing or pattern used, I eyed it as I was cutting.
Thinking that hot blue would be bumpy, I used Mod Podge to adhere the paper to the foam.
On the bottom half, I tried the glue gun just to see what would happen. There was no difference and the hot glue was much faster.
If I had used a thinner piece of paper, it might matter but the paper here is heavy weight cardstock.
Several slits were made around the circle edge to allow the paper to lay more evenly.
The weight of the Mod Podge bottle was used to add pressure to the paper while it dried.
With a glue gun, the tabs were adhered, just a few at a time. Easy.
The process was repeated for the bottom of the stage, just in case someone flipped it over…I don’t know why. It just seemed proper.
With a little added trim, it is ready for the performers to take center stage.
I can’t want to share the finished project!